Pink Ribbons

jszar said:
oh my god. the day i put that ribbon on, my car breaks down....just thought that was weird.
Probably because she was all choked up that you thought that much of her to place a pink ribbon............ [clap] [clap]

Glad most have gotten them and using them (the most important thing)..........

Thanks Lisha, got it on friday and put it on that day....this next part is freaky...The next day I was at the supermarket and I was walking to my car and there was this middle-aged / old man staring at the back of my car nearly in tears. And I asked if he was ok and he told me he recently lost his wife to a long fight with breast cancer and that ribbon just reminded him of his wife cause she drove a BMW. I was so awe struck that I hugged the dude (never hugged a stranger in my life) and gave him the ribbon off of my car. That really made me stop and think; I sat in my car in that parking lot trying to ponder about whether there really is anything called coincidence, or whether everything has a reason and a purpose (regardless of whether we understand it).

Thanks Lisha!

Sean

f*ckinA, we better send these ribbons back before more lonely men are caught crying in the middle of a parking lot.

just kidding. im happy to be as involved with this as much as i am. I wish i were working on support for cure for alzheimers though.

selavia said:
Thanks Lisha, got it on friday and put it on that day....this next part is freaky...The next day I was at the supermarket and I was walking to my car and there was this middle-aged / old man staring at the back of my car nearly in tears. And I asked if he was ok and he told me he recently lost his wife to a long fight with breast cancer and that ribbon just reminded him of his wife cause she drove a BMW. I was so awe struck that I hugged the dude (never hugged a stranger in my life) and gave him the ribbon off of my car. That really made me stop and think; I sat in my car in that parking lot trying to ponder about whether there really is anything called coincidence, or whether everything has a reason and a purpose (regardless of whether we understand it).

Thanks Lisha!

Sean
That is so nice Sean, do you need me to send you a couple more, I'll be glad to......consider it done.......I dont believe in coincidence, I believe everything happens for a reason.......and I believe in fate.......my Mother always told me you need to earn some gold stars along the path of life......and you got a gold star that day my friend.......

MyHarley said:
That is so nice Sean, do you need me to send you a couple more, I'll be glad to......consider it done.......I dont believe in coincidence, I believe everything happens for a reason.......and I believe in fate.......my Mother always told me you need to earn some gold stars along the path of life......and you got a gold star that day my friend.......
Thanks Lisha, I would like a couple more. Two should be fine. Let me know if you want me to paypal you for shipping. I sometimes struggle with the rationale of fate and ideas like that; sometimes I feel like I'm too close to the picture and that I cannot back up and see the whole thing. I dunno. That experience did freak me out though. Sometimes you never know how one small action can completely change the course of another persons day. Eh, I better stop thinking about this or I'll get stuck their all day. Thanks again.

Sean

Thanks Lisha, mine arrived yesterday. I surprised my wife with them. She thought it was a great idea. She is always wearing a ribbon on her jacket and has purchased a broach for that cause. I surprised her with them.

Thanks again....

I recieved mine and passed them all out to very willing supporters, so if you have more to spare, I have more people (men and women) who want them.
Mike

Have a great trip and take some pics.....only if you are going somewhere that the sun is shining though. The weather in Germany has been SHITTY for the past week or so.

Tom

Staff Team
selavia said:

Thanks Lisha!

Sean
Sean, that's the most touching post I've read so far here. Thanks for sharing.

After returning from my absence, this is one of the first threads I see. You guys are so awesome, it’s great to be on this forum [clap] . My newly associated mother-in-law is a survivor and this past Sunday we participated one of the two annual fund raising walks in Chicago. My wife has the license plate with the ribbon on it that is available in Illinois. I don’t have the plate but I am definitely a supporter. [thumb]

Tom said:
Sean, that's the most touching post I've read so far here. Thanks for sharing.
tool fan said:
[thumb]

Big Daddy

Let's not forget BMW's drive for the cure program coming again this next spring/summer. The wife and I drove BMW's from Camp BMW in Spokane to Seattle BMW. IT was great, and for a great cause!

Big Daddy said:
Let's not forget BMW's drive for the cure program coming again this next spring/summer. The wife and I drove BMW's from Camp BMW in Spokane to Seattle BMW. IT was great, and for a great cause!
The cure for cancer drive was a load of fun - I got to drive 6 different new cars last spring. Glad to know my driving those new cars was helping. [:)]

'Lisha I'd ask for some pink ribbons, but my wife has some sort of similiar hook-up at school - we're swimming in ribbon! I think all the kids at the day-school are getting a half-dozen to take home..