Performance Parts for the 2001 X5 3.0

GuitoX5

Just wondering if anyone out there knows of any more cost effective performance add ons than what Denan offers. I'm looking for ECU flash tunes or performance chips.

Welcome!

The 3.0l engine is actually tuned extremely well from the factory. BAV Autosport has a power programmer for your car, but as you have found, you will not get more than 8 - 10 hp if you are lucky. That is barely noticeable and would shave .1 - .2 sec max off your 0 - 60 time.

To get more performance you will need bigger mods such as cat back exhaust, new intake, etc

GuitoX5

Welcome!

The 3.0l engine is actually tuned extremely well from the factory. BAV Autosport has a power programmer for your car, but as you have found, you will not get more than 8 - 10 hp if you are lucky. That is barely noticeable and would shave .1 - .2 sec max off your 0 - 60 time.

To get more performance you will need bigger mods such as cat back exhaust, new intake, etc
Thank you! Good to be here!

Any particular companies that work best for the X5? I'm actually thinking of just replacing the mufflers with something that flows better and possibly some headers if I can find any. Do the throttle bodies offered for BMW actually make a difference? I've put these on some of my American cars and didn't have any noticable results.