California New Guy

Skydriver

Dropped in to say "Hello" to the forum. I have had three different BMW's over the past 20 years, and at age 79 I wanted one more. That need resulted in a beautiful Alpine white 2024 X5 50e with cognac interior now sitting in our garage. So far all is good. It came with 21 inch light alloy V-spoke Bi color wheels which, while attractive, did not seem to suit the aggressive driving ability of the car. Hence, I substituted MSW all black spoked series 50 rims, which gives the car a different look and attitude. (BMW center caps on order.) All this is purely subjective. The OEM wheels are stored for the next owner down the line. And of course we have a dog so I purchased black Canvasback cargo and setback covers which precisely fit the car. A Valentine radar detector and a dash cam fill out the extra stuff.
I have had the car for a few weeks and still need to get my BMW training, but I learn something new everyday, and there is a lot to learn! Being a retired airline pilot, I am used to complex operating systems, but this car is still a challenge to quickly operate all its features, especially the NAV which will generate an address but will not recognize the address. Still have to understand that. I look forward to learning more from this group. Thank you.

Attachments